Soapstone is a metamorphic stone mined in Canada and the United States. If you are building a home, you can have your soapstone countertops installed before the drywall goes up.
If you are remodeling, you will probably need to tear out the existing countertops before installing soapstone. This is a perfect alternative to the traditional tiles and marble. Soapstone is used for countertops, fireplaces, and other surfaces.
It is the best countertops to be installed in our kitchen that add beauty to the kitchen and provides an irresistible look to the kitchens.
Some of the countertops are also used on the interior wall of our homes. The materials used for making it are metamorphic stones and a little mixture of tiles, marbles, and granites.
Soapstone Countertop Cost
The magnificent and lovely natural stone known as soapstone has a wide range of uses. It is a metamorphic rock that can be found in many places on the planet.
Popular for flooring and countertops, soapstone also works well as a tabletop material. With its capacity to withstand high temperatures without degrading, it is also a fantastic choice for a fireplace.
Beautiful sculptures and other crafts are also made using it. What is the price of soapstone then?
The price of the material varies greatly depending on where you purchase it. In addition, a variety of factors affect the cost of soapstone.
Like Size, stone quality, thickness, finish, and other factors. Soapstone countertops typically cost between $50 and $120 per square foot. A 10-square-foot soapstone countertop is anticipated to cost between $500 and $1000.
Countertops of soapstone are strong, naturally attractive, and extremely environmentally friendly. They are primarily utilized in our kitchens to maintain the room’s glamorous appearance.
Since soapstone has been around for so long, the Romans are most likely the ones who created it. It is made of a metamorphic rock with a high silica and magnesium content. Soapstone is a material with a long history.
It is constructed from the same stone that was taken from a distant area of the ground. It might make the atmosphere in your bathroom cozy.
For your convenience, a list of all the advantages of soapstone countertops is provided below. Recent years have seen a huge increase in the popularity of soapstone countertops as a replacement for granite and marble worktops.
This is due to the durability, stain resistance, and environmental friendliness of soapstone. You don’t need to seal it because it is non-porous and may be installed without grout.
Read More: Fantasy Brown Granite
The soapstone countertop comes in a variety of light to dark color tones. Both gray and brown soapstone countertops are available.
Onyx, ash, dark brown, dark gray, and slate are a few of the various colors of soapstone countertops.
For people who want a natural appearance and wish to maintain a cozy atmosphere in their house, the soapstone countertop is a fantastic choice.
The minerals that make up soapstone define its hue. Off-white and beige are the most popular hues, however some are colored. Iron oxides are used to produce the colored colors.
See also: Types of White Marble
Soapstone Countertop Cost
Soapstone is a great and beautiful natural stone that can be used for many applications. It is a metamorphic rock that is found in regions all over the world.
Soapstone is a popular material for countertops and flooring, and it also makes for a great table. It is also a great option for a fireplace, with its ability to tolerate high temperatures without breaking down.
It is also used for beautiful sculptures and other crafts. So, how much does soapstone cost?
Read More: Can You Use Fabuloso on Countertops
Features of Soapstone Countertops
They’re durable, beautiful, and they add a little something to your kitchen that you can’t find anywhere else. Some of the important features of soapstone countertops are given below in detail:
Soapstone is durable enough to last a lifetime and naturally resists bacteria, which makes it an excellent choice for food preparation surfaces.
After installing in our homes it can be of the same look and same strength for over 50 to 60 years.
It is one of the most durable countertops as compared to all other countertops such as black quartz countertops, Livorno quartz countertops, etc. Its durability solely depends on the type of materials and quality used for manufacturing it.
See Also: Blue Dunes Granite
Soapstone is a natural stone material that can have a wide range of colors from beige and light brown to dark brown or black.
Soapstone countertops are a beautiful and natural addition to your kitchen or bathroom and can be a great choice for your home.
As we all are aware that as time goes up the beauty and shining of every materials degrade but the soapstone countertops will always look like new one with highly shining materials.
Heat And Stain Resistant
Soapstone countertops are not only beautiful, they are also very practical. Soapstone is a natural stone that is resistant to stains from oil and heat.
This type of countertop can also withstand boiling or hot water spills.
The fact that this type of countertop is resistant to heat makes it perfect for kitchens. The soapstone countertops that are in style are also resistant to scratches and hot pans.
As they are heat and stain-resistant, they can also prevent the bacteria from growing on the surfaces.
They also withstand with stains but if stains fall on its surfaces, it is very easy to remove by just cleaning the surface from wet clothes. The most important part is to not use any type of abrasive cleaners on the soapstone countertops.
See also: Parquet Flooring
Advantages Of Soapstone Countertops:
The main advantages of soapstone countertops are –
- They are wonderful materials and stones to use for countertops in our kitchens as well as in bathrooms.
- They are highly durable as they are made from metamorphic stones and rocks. Also, They are beautiful and can add a touch of elegance to our kitchens.
- As we know marble, tiles, and granites are very prone to acid attacks but soapstone countertops have no impact of acids on them.
- They are long-lasting because high-graded raw materials are used for manufacturing them.
- And most important, they naturally look eco-friendly.
- It also used in making floors and in the interior walls of our homes.
- They are highly resistivity to heat and temperature and are often available in different designs and shades.
- They are supposed to be a great choice for people who are suffering from allergies.
Disadvantages Of Soapstone Countertops:
They are generally high in price as compared to granites and natural stones making them not affordable by common people.
If you want your countertops to be regularly shining and attractive look you will have to clean them regularly with required cleaning agents as most part of the countertops fade and get ṣdamaged with time.
They are very soft that they can be easily cut and break. If glass/bowl or any utensils fall on it, the chances of scratch and break of soapstone is very high.
They are very difficult to install in our homes as we have to take all the precautions while handling them.
They must be out of reach from children because children plays even inside homes with ball, toys, etc that can affect the soapstone countertops.
The maintenance cost is also very high. They need maintenance at regular intervals of time with oil or cleaning fluids.
See also: Epoxy Countertops
Soapstone Vs Quartz Countertops
- Quartz countertops are manufactured from harder granites and marbles making them very hard and strong but soapstones are made from metamorphic rocks and stones which are soft and weak.
- Soapstone are easy to transport because of its lightweight and are mostly available in small dimensions but quartz countertops are difficult to ṣtransport as loading and unloading problems arises due to its heaviness and large dimensions.
- Soapstone is completely stain-proof but quartz face the problems of stains. By chance if there is any stain on soapstone, it is very easy to remove the stain.
- The Soapstone do not react with any acids applied to them but quartz is highly reactive to acids and chemicals. Soapstones are naturally look and nonporous while quartz are porous.
- Soapstones are less prone to bacteria on its surfaces and thus prevent many air-borne diseases. But quartz can have bacteria and may spread many illness problems.
- The Soapstones have limited varieties of colors and designs while quartz countertops available in many colors and patterns.
Yes, the extraordinary heat resistance of soapstone allows you to set hot pots and pans right on the surface without causing harm.
Mineral oil should be applied to soapstone countertops every 4 to 8 weeks to retain its gloss and color.
While soapstone is very resilient, it is prone to chipping if large things are dropped on it.
Soapstone is an expensive countertop material, but its durability and unique features make it a worthwhile investment.
Minor scratches on soapstone counters may generally be sanded down and smoothed out, but any damage should be addressed by a professional.